Saturday, February 14, 2015

Dakar Youth -International Photo Awards, Deeper Perspective

Found out today that I won Honorable Mention for a set of five images shot in Dakar, Senegal in November, 2013 via IPA (International Photography Awards). 



The Honorable Mention category put me alongside heroes such as Ed Kashi - with his photo essay on Syrian refugee children… Incredibly honored to be recognized this way… My first time bridging into this world to document work of international NGOs with photography/digital storytelling for a cause…

 I am excited to continue on this path… In 10 Days in Dakar I was introduced to many incredible individuals and the organizations they work for… These included Play For Peace, CAFT Senegal, Citoyen Des Rues, and was also granted an interview with USAID and their West African director for Education projects for greater perspective…

My sincere hope is that in some small way these images and this gallery via IPA will help the work that continues for youth in Senegal. 

My first attempt at a muli-media project is housed here, at Social Documentary Network, that has more images and a short video…

On the Play For Peace website you can also view a scrolling slideshow of my work by clicking here… 



No comments: