Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tales from the weather wuss...

TailWinds Magazine out of Tucson has published quite a few articles of mine the last two years...

Sunglasses... Ahhhh.... 


The most recent is Three Sisters Ephiphany - Tales from the weather wuss on page 19. A fun ramble I put together about climate change/weather extremes - the differences faced two decades ago - to the challenges it poses to outdoor enthusiasts today - and perhaps the future. Or at least that's what I was aiming at...

Climbing partners past will attest to my penchant for quick escapes when lightning began crashing - or thunder was heard... Ok, ok - and maybe more than once they were just scary clouds...

An unabashed solar worshipper, I was happy to stand atop Tenochtitlan's Temple of the Sun and give my metaphoric sacrifice of a necklace of skulls to Tlaloc with the my arms raised as conduit between blessed sun and bluebird sky with the gaggle of new age crystal wavers. I am due for a recharge...

My next piece will be about a stumble through the Sespe Wilderness for their spring issue... or at least that's the intention if I can harness enough focus through the splintered haze of cold meds and D deficiency...
Bennett transfixed... Soaking up his three hours of sunshine in three weeks ©Maureen Eversgerd

No comments: