Friday, March 7, 2014

Through the Looking Glass...

An old friend, Looking Glass Rock, Utah ©Bennett Barthelemy

I'm on a wavelength far from home
I feel a hot wind on my shoulder
I dial it in from south of the border 
-Wall of Voodoo-


Snowy days are dreaming days for me... 

A mountain snow inversely speaks to me of the vastness of the desert. Waking to the whispering of warm winds at dawn, the promise of heat as the sun rises. Awake in the wide open dichotomy of cyan blue over Entrada red.

There is comfort in the vastness. A place where perpetual wandering, a perpetual losing of oneself - is welcome. The desert creates unconscious forgetting. In the desert there is space to re-create, the needed warmth to grow...  It offers the promise of renewal. To dream with Chinle, Windgate and Navajo again.

It is the direction I travel. To sleep beneath stars - and to bring the sun back home.

A stone's secrets... Utah ©Bennett Barthelemy

No comments: