Friday, August 30, 2013

Straddling the Divide...

The current TailWinds Magazine has my feature on climbing and ruminating high on the Continental Divide... Colorado has been a healing place, good for my soul and for recovery.

There have been some rough patches in the last few years for sure and finding my place among the mountains again has been crucial. It helped that the current issue of TailWinds had a wellness theme - timely!
Climbers descend from the summit of South Arapaho, Indian Peaks Wilderness, Colorado ©Bennett Barthelemy


I have missed the opportunities to guide and share booted trail and roped cliff-face with new and inspiring people as well. Colorado has given that back to me too. Today, a day off, I will explore a new trail with Maureen and find a little altitude, perspective and peace. Share smile, a laugh, the welcome burn in our legs and the endorphin buzz...

The article was very cathartic and an important personal piece for me to tease out of the fleeting hypoxic reveries...
http://issuu.com/tailwindsweb/docs/tailwindssept-oct-13-webs

No comments: