Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tomorrow's Sunrise...


Sometimes the sun rises twice in a day at the same location. It doesn't happen very often. In fact, I cannot remember it happening more than this once - But on this day it did. Curious.

How many sunrises have I missed? Does it matter when I can enjoy this one?

The anticipation of tomorrow's sunrise holds a twinge of excitement for me.

What will the clouds be doing? How many layers of cloud will reveal themselves at altitudes, and how much of the visible spectrum will I see upon the shifting canvas? 

There seems to be a sweet spot to every sunrise... The exact moment when color becomes the most electric and the most varied. Cold air pushed earthward not long before, but now forgotten... in the fading of dark to dawn, from the ache of black into the promise of periwinkle blue... Eyes and heart pulled skyward. Magic.

The trick will forever engage me. Especially when it happens twice...





No comments: