Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Kid Again at Gladius...

I stepped through the magic door again, finding youth. This time at Gladius. Damn, I want to run away and join a circus now. Performers here have generations of circus blood and from countries all over the world.

Erik - aka Gladius - grew up in Golden and was a high school student of my friend Craig Dobkin who invited me. When we sat down, Craig was clearly a VIP and I was introduced to Erik's parents - dedicated horse people teaching vault and dressage with a competitive team. Many of their students sat around us and were also introduced.

The horseman/womanship was stunning with fitness levels off the charts... It was clear that the performers are doing what they truly love - which for me is what really makes this a show not to miss. Gladius and Big Horse Productions are on their way to Austin Texas. I would recommend checking them out if you happen to be local, or when they transit nearby where you live...

I couldn't resist bringing my camera in to get some shots - sans flash and with 70 to 300 4.5 to 5.6 - need a sweet prime lens to really capture... next time.









No comments: